Some awesome things going on with this champagne:
Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs
It's a soft, simple, velvety champagne. Light on its feet with very creamy soapy bubbles, and well applied acidity to clear it away - baked apple, apricot, cinnamon, brioche, flint, white flowers, honeycomb - about 9g dosage, so not on the dry side of Brut, but not near Extra Dry.
Just beautiful juice for the price - it's not toasty and intense, it is a soft and pretty style, but a great example of Chard from Avize - Oger.
Happy Valentines Day! — 8 days ago
The 2016 'Les Romains' is simply gorgeous, as it begins with striking aromatics of wildflowers, honey, lychee and cantaloupe that immediately draw you in. The texture and minerality is simply stunning, as flavors of with tree fruit and citrus oil leave a mark. The oily, unctuous character this possesses is found in very few Sauvignon Blancs. An absolutely brilliant wine from one of the leading producers in the region. Drink 2019-2033- 95 — 4 days ago
Happy President’s Day Weekend. 🇺🇸 I hope you all have the day off tomorrow and can enjoy an extra night of wine indulgence.
Every time I open a bottle of the Launois Veuve Clemence, all I can’t think about is, I still haven’t had a better Blanc de Blanc Champagne at this price point and many others at higher price points yet.
The nose is fantastic...Meyer lemon, lime, grapefruit, ripe pineapple, green melon, green apple, cream soda, lemon meringue, whiff of ginger, soft, understated white spice, sea shells & diary, baguette crust, light volcanic minerals with spring flowers, fruit blossoms and yellow lilies.
The palate is rich, reductive and so fresh. Micro beads with near perfect acidity. Meyer lemon, lime, little bit of orange with a touch of rind, grapefruit, ripe pineapple, green melon, green & golden apple, cream soda, honeysuckle, lemon meringue, caramel notes, whiff of ginger, soft, more pronounced white spice on the palate that really penetrates the palate, sea shells & spray, baguette crust, light volcanic minerals with spring flowers, fruit blossoms and yellow lilies. The finish is rich, elegant, beautifully balanced and persists for minutes.
If you can have wine shipped from a California retailer, you owe it to yourself to try a bottle at only $44.99. Its worth twice that price. K&LWines.com.
Photos of, one of their Grand Cru vineyards, two areas in their champagne museum that represent everything about Champagne and winemaking since its beginnings and part the cellar buildings.
— 6 days ago
What a fantastic BdB ✨ 100% Chardonnay, 60% of which is sourced from Aÿ, and the other 40% coming from renowned Côte des Blancs plots like Avize, Cramant, and Oger. Such suave complexity and depth with a great mouthfeel. Bruised and smoked pear, citrus fruit medley, anise, chalky minerals.
Dosage: 9 g/l — 8 days ago
Excellent pure juice here - amber hue with an aromatic nose, bright green apple, limestone. Palette well structured and light, good acid, medium short finish. A nice aperitif champagne! — 5 days ago
Valentines Day tipple on Thursday. Pale Gold with fine bead. Yeasty notes with aromas of Lemon, Apple skin and mineral. On the palate - Powerful, not sweet, acid, reflecting a low dosage of 3g/L. Finishing with a dry chalkiness. A good future assured. — 8 days ago
In the name of science, a few champagnes/sparkling wines were sampled today in an effort to help a friend for comparative research reasons. Hard way to spend a Monday...
It hurt me to open this as I knew it would be painfully young...and it was 😔. But, in the name of science, it was analyzed! Most distinctive out of the lineup. Straight up cream soda mousse. Definitely oxidative in style but not channeling any of those sherry like notes. This carried ripe tropical fruits and a touch of honeycomb, versus the ‘13 I opened a few months back that was completely open for business with marzipan & roasted cashews. Hold this. — 5 days ago