2014 vintage. Garnet ruby color, med+ acid. Tart red cherry, plum, rose petal, vanilla, earth; long finish. — 8 days ago
Paired with beef and zuchinni noodle soup she is really darn good — 10 days ago
WNH event number 4. Perfect Pizza Pairing bottles. Not a bad bottle in the bunch!
Saved this for last as it was the biggest (15.6ABV). Syrah and I believe Mike Smith is the winemaker. Candied licorice and mocha on the nose. It hits big but softens a bit on the palate and never gets too bruising. So much overripe blue and black fruit. Toasted vanilla, crushed potpourri and sandalwood. Thanks for the intro here @Mike R . — 9 days ago
Pre-release party in alameda. All the 2016s.
1) brawler- 94 (2nd biggest wine)
2) black tie - 93 (1st biggest wine)
3) instigator - 93 (3rd biggest wine- more elegant than previous vintages. While it used to be all solano county syrah, it is now blended with a lodi vineyard)
4) truant - 92-93 - solid gsm
5) brat - gs that i need to try again. The oak was coming off a little strong on the small taste i had.
Hear the shake ridge syrah in barrel is midnight black in color and going to be a rockstar. Looking forward to seeing what he does with that vineyard. — 17 days ago
Damn good for this fall night and pumpkin carving. Crunchy, mineral, yet offers a super fine textural component as well. Crisp strawberry, red apple skin, crushed cranberry, raspberry leaf, white pepper, sweet flowers, spice, crushed rocks, wet moss, talcum, licorice. This has really came along, great tannin integration from LBT upon release, finely grained and postured. Love the juicy attack, and plump mid-palate backed by lifted acid. Fresh. — 20 days ago