Great flavor. Slightly sweet with a clean finish. Bought at Total Wine. — 7 days ago
Great value, 90 points from wine spectator — a month ago
Well balanced smooth. Very good! — 2 months ago
Very nice Malbec. Really enjoyable with good fruit and a pleasant finish. I agree with Ryan that it is better the second day. — 15 days ago
I love this! I rarely find a Carmen so this was a treat! — 13 days ago
Prune, nutmeg, vanilla. Well balanced with age 2006 in 2019. — 8 days ago
It’s a big wine requiring a two hour decant and then offering a well made wine with bell pepper, black pepper, red currants, earth and forest floor. A medium finish but enjoyed with pizza on a Wednesday evening! — a month ago
Best Malbec I’ve had in years. Try it! — 16 days ago
Spoto barrel tasting - invited 15 people to their Sacramento winery!!
1) from the tank (not in barrel yet)..2019 Beckstoffer crimson ridge (lake county) cabernet sauvignon..taste like a fortified grape juice!!
2) barrel #1....2018 oakville To Kalon cabernet sauvignon...the base for his private reserve. After 2 years he will blend with merlot, cab franc, etc. New french oak...lots of fruit, touch of oak and sweet tannin.
3) barrel#2..2018 oakville To Kalon cabernet franc. 1st grape he uses to blend with the cabernet sauvignon to enhance the mid pallet.
The remainder will be used for his special bottling at the Napa Valley wine auction this year.
4) barrel #3...2018 Beckstoffer Pedros block malbec (Lake county). Small amount will be used in the Beckstoffer lake county cabernet...rest will be used in a special bottle of malbec...lots of blueberry and plum...awesome Malbec!
5) barrel#4. 2017 Oakville To Kalon private reserve cabernet. To be bottled next June and released in the fall. 34 months in barrel total.
6) barrel#5...2016 Beckstoffer cabernet sauvignon (family reserve)..this one barrel will be aged 44 months for extra structure. Moving to creme brulee on the nose, terrific fruit, elegant and smooth.
7) barrel#6...2016 oakville To Kalon private reserve cabernet (family reserve)...this 1 barrel to be aged 44 months. More acidity and brighter stronger finish than the previous Beckstoffer.
What a fun event!!!!!! — 8 days ago