Inglenook

Inglenook

Classic Claret Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

One night in Big Island while I'm swimming outside — 2 days ago

Inglenook

Cask Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 1963

Cask C-3. Maybe slightly flawed on the nose. A metallic thing. But soon after a lovely balanced and pretty and focused midpalate. Good after the initial thing. — 2 months ago

BOT Matt LichtenbergPaul Woolls
with BOT, Matt and 1 other
Eric, Shay and 9 others liked this

Inglenook

Estate Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 1978

Hard edged nose of lean ironed blue fruit. Focussed and deep. Good stuff. — 2 months ago

BOT Matt LichtenbergPaul Woolls
with BOT, Matt and 1 other
Eric, Ira and 12 others liked this

Inglenook

Rubicon Estate RC Reserve Syrah 2016

Well balanced Syrah ... Quite big ! — 12 hours ago

David liked this

Inglenook

Cask Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon 2012

Kyle B
9.3

Wedding vintage, and it’s getting better with age! Still plenty of tannins. — a month ago

James liked this

Inglenook

Rubicon Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon Blend 1978

Les Deux Triomphes. Lovely lean fruit. Really focussed and pretty with violets and gnarly savory stuff. Excellent — 2 months ago

BOT Matt LichtenbergPaul Woolls
with BOT, Matt and 1 other
Eric, Shay and 10 others liked this

Kenwood Vineyards

Artist Series Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon 1984

Shay A
9.0

On its own, this may have merited a higher score as it was impressive at 35yrs old, yet when put alongside the ‘86 BV GdL, ‘85 Mondavi Reserve and the ‘78 Inglenook, this one took a backseat. It powered through for about 15-20mins of being open with cherry coated figs, old graham cracker and stewed black cherries before the herbal barnyard funk took over and it fell off. — 3 months ago

joe leatherwoodDan FitzgeraldBenjamin Keator
with joe, Dan and 1 other
Severn, Ryan and 20 others liked this

Inglenook

Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon 2013

Day 1: Didn’t like it. Day 2: still no good. Day 3: not sure why I kept it but had it next to a mediocre Cab and really enjoyed it. Remember it being too fruit forward initially but maybe I just needed to properly decant it. I’d try again. — a month ago

Inglenook

Cask H-11 Cabernet Sauvignon 1968

Actually cask H12. Dark ripe almost merlot-like fruit with an iron component and a dark pepper minerality. Lean and really rather splendid. — 2 months ago

BOT Matt LichtenbergPaul Woolls
with BOT, Matt and 1 other
Eric, Shay and 11 others liked this

Inglenook

Limited Cask Cabernet Sauvignon 1978

Opened up at the right time, with the right people, with all the other awesome vintage Napa wines being opened. To me, this one shows incredible youth for being 41 years old. This wine has a nose of blackberry and fig. Black pepper and spice. Enters with a little bit of a nitrogenous and barnyard character, but wow what a youthful exuberance it still had. The cork was withdrawn intact. With probably about 25% of the cork with seepage but the other 75% completely dry and intact. With many vintage Napa, I find myself being a little bit bored with just one taste. Yet I found myself going back to this one time and time again. if you are still holding one of these, now is the time to think about drinking these in the company of your best friends. — 3 months ago

Dan FitzgeraldBenjamin KeatorShay A
with Dan, Benjamin and 1 other
Shay, Severn and 32 others liked this
Mark Flesher

Mark Flesher

I was actually rather shocked that it turned out as well and especially as youthful as it did.
Hugh O'Riordan

Hugh O'Riordan

Sounds like a great tasting
Shay A

Shay A Influencer Badge Premium Badge

As Mark stated, there was no better time for this wine to be enjoyed than when the cork was popped alongside ‘80s vintages of Mondavi Reserve, BV GdL and Kenwood. This was the oldest wine on the table, yet it was the most impressive. Stunned how dark it was...very light bricking, with a dark core! 14.5%ABV! In 1978! Fascinating. Old fig, dusty blackberries and herbal funk. Nothing stewed or flabby here. Great structure. A true step back in history. Great pull, @Mark Flesher .
9.3