The new Viñedo Singular geographical indication designates wines from particular vineyards or estates and is directly linked to the terroir, which it aims to identify and valorise on the label, tied to the quality requirement that they be excellent wines. Requirements
1. Grapes coming exclusively from a plot or plots that constitute the Viñedo Singular.
2. Vinification, ageing, storage and bottling within the same winery.
3. Minor geographical unit that can comprise a single or several cadastral plots.
4. Minimum age of the vineyard:
5. Evidence, by means of any legally valid title, of having had the exclusive use of the production of the viñedo singular for a minimum period of 10 years without interruption.
6. Maximum production: 5,000 kg/ha for red varieties and 6,922 kg/ha for white varieties.
7. Maximum grape-to-wine ratio: 65%.
8. Specific Grape Grower’s Card.
1. The viñedo singular must be balanced and have limited vigour. During the grape ripening stage, canopy growth should cease completely.
2. Only a single tipping is permitted.
3. Harvested manually. — 12 days ago
#Viura or #Macabeo as it’s called in most parts of #Spain is a challenging grape to create excellent wine with. Only the older vines with more concentrated grapes and wines which include some barrel fermentation seem to conduct it towards elegance. This is a very lovely example of Macabeo — 12 days ago
A classic Rioja, mostly Tempranillo (85%) with some Graciano (10%) and Mazuelo (5%) from the estate’s vineyards in Laserna, in the Rioja Alavesa subzone. Aged for 2 years in American and French oak barrels. Very attractive, expressive nose with aromas of ripe strawberry, dark fruit, forest floor, oak and some vanilla. Smooth, fine grained tannins. Great acidity. Surprisingly good for 2017, a terrible year in Rioja — 3 hours ago
Color of dark purple, a bit bubbly with beautiful legs. Nose of cherry jam, spice, currants, strawberry jam, and ripe grapes. Nose is full of dark fruits. Taste is basically dry with some prune flavor indeed. Second sip shows some more notes from the nose with addition of some zest and oaky note. Low tannins and a bit peppery. Aftertaste shows some more fermented prune, grapefruit, and bittersweet note. Above average. — 4 days ago
Dark ruby coloration. On the nose, plum, cherry, blackberry, cocoa powder and spice- like a mild cumin. Reminded me of a patatas bravas sauce. On the palate full bodied and rich; the spice and cocoa powder dominate with florals; secondary layers are present with hints of blueberry, plum, cherry, vanilla and toasted oak. Long finish with florals, berry and vanilla. Extremely elegant and complex. — 25 days ago