I’ll post the recipe tomorrow. This Pork Chop marinade with American Riesling is simply perfect.
Perhaps, my perfect pairing! 👌
Fine chop, whisk together and marinade for two days. Its important you do it for two days to get the desired flavors.
- 4-6 thick cut bone-in pork chops
- 1 cup Wok Mei brand hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Tamari soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 scallions
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Lee Kim Kee brand chili sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ginger (I double this)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic (again, I double this)
- 3/4 cup of cilantro (no stems)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon of white pepper
Had this with the 2017 Long Shadows Poetry Leap & with the 2009 S.A. Prüm Graach Domprobst Riesling. You can do either but for me, American Riesling is the perfect pairing. Also, a great value for under $20. Enjoy. Fresh Sugar Snap peas out of our garden with roasted Rosemary potatoes. Mmmmm!
@Sharon B Since you love to cook, you should definitely try this one sometime. Cheers!
Photos of; Long Shadows Winery & one example of the amazing glass blown artworks they have on display. — 19 days ago
Whoa! A killer wine for a school night...Michel Rolland has another winner here. Definitely needs a little time to open up - a little spicy, super nice ripe fruit, licorice... almost surprising that it’s a merlot. Enjoyed in June 2020. Actually worked well with chicken fried steak, mash potatoes and gravy. — 23 days ago
This is the Merlot, not the Red blend — 19 days ago
Deep Ruby with aromas of dark berry fruits, oak and spice notes. This 100% Cab Sauv spent 22 months on French Oak. On the palate flavors of blackberry and cherry with a touch of vanilla and pepper. Firm tannins, well balanced and an absolute joy to drink. Small production, tasting well now! — 22 days ago