Bachelor party #2, bottle 2 — a month ago
Pic #2. 2018 Teutonic Wine Company “Seafoam” Oregon. Pinot-based rosé wine with a pale salmon hue, and lively notes of plum, apricot, and peach, balanced with moderate acidity to lend structure on the palate. Paired with a lovely hiramasa crudo bathed in a plum aguachile, with kohlrabi, fresh plum, and celery. #teutonicwinecompany #oregonwine #rosewine — 2 months ago
Spoto barrel tasting - invited 15 people to their Sacramento winery!!
1) from the tank (not in barrel yet)..2019 Beckstoffer crimson ridge (lake county) cabernet sauvignon..taste like a fortified grape juice!!
2) barrel #1....2018 oakville To Kalon cabernet sauvignon...the base for his private reserve. After 2 years he will blend with merlot, cab franc, etc. New french oak...lots of fruit, touch of oak and sweet tannin.
3) barrel#2..2018 oakville To Kalon cabernet franc. 1st grape he uses to blend with the cabernet sauvignon to enhance the mid pallet.
The remainder will be used for his special bottling at the Napa Valley wine auction this year.
4) barrel #3...2018 Beckstoffer Pedros block malbec (Lake county). Small amount will be used in the Beckstoffer lake county cabernet...rest will be used in a special bottle of malbec...lots of blueberry and plum...awesome Malbec!
5) barrel#4. 2017 Oakville To Kalon private reserve cabernet. To be bottled next June and released in the fall. 34 months in barrel total.
6) barrel#5...2016 Beckstoffer cabernet sauvignon (family reserve)..this one barrel will be aged 44 months for extra structure. Moving to creme brulee on the nose, terrific fruit, elegant and smooth.
7) barrel#6...2016 oakville To Kalon private reserve cabernet (family reserve)...this 1 barrel to be aged 44 months. More acidity and brighter stronger finish than the previous Beckstoffer.
What a fun event!!!!!! — 12 days ago
#2 in our grou. Still not as good as Criss cross. — 2 months ago
A great staple. Playing second fiddle to Stones #2 tonight. Nice wine though. — 3 months ago
My exploration of Canarian wines #2
Rich golden yellow in the glass and full of spicy peaches & pears with a dab of honey. On the palate this is quite rich, but with a core of volcanic, spicy & salty minerality that binds it all together. Nicely balanced and with a very decent finish. This is quite nice actually. — 15 days ago
Moore Brothers 9/18/19 Italian Intro #2. nose of straw minerals almonds and balanced. Great lively texture with acidic yet fruity citric palate medium body and long finish. Weightier than first wine. Very nice. Would be great with sea food. — 2 months ago
Amanda red #2 — 2 months ago