Fantastic! Like a Kim Crawford — 3 days ago
Nice aroma w/ hints of berries & watermelon with a mild acidity. Great sipping Rose. — 18 days ago
I’ll post the recipe tomorrow. This Pork Chop marinade with American Riesling is simply perfect.
Perhaps, my perfect pairing! 👌
Fine chop, whisk together and marinade for two days. Its important you do it for two days to get the desired flavors.
- 4-6 thick cut bone-in pork chops
- 1 cup Wok Mei brand hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Tamari soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 scallions
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Lee Kim Kee brand chili sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ginger (I double this)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic (again, I double this)
- 3/4 cup of cilantro (no stems)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon of white pepper
Had this with the 2017 Long Shadows Poetry Leap & with the 2009 S.A. Prüm Graach Domprobst Riesling. You can do either but for me, American Riesling is the perfect pairing. Also, a great value for under $20. Enjoy. Fresh Sugar Snap peas out of our garden with roasted Rosemary potatoes. Mmmmm!
@Sharon B Since you love to cook, you should definitely try this one sometime. Cheers!
Photos of; Long Shadows Winery & one example of the amazing glass blown artworks they have on display. — 21 days ago
Needed to open up, a hint of raspberries and tartness. — 17 days ago
2017 vintage. Mediocre by itself. Pairs well with baked salmon. Much better than Kim Crawford. Both L and F agree. Get more. — a month ago
Aromatic. Distinctive. Sage, bourbon-cherry. Coconut and banana (Kim must use a cooper who brings banana out because there’s a couple wines that have this characteristic) Markham Zin is a wine that actually needs a couple years to age. The 2015 is 👌🏼🌈. The 2016 is great now, might need a few more years to come into its own to be sneaky-super-special. — 25 days ago