An interesting Chardonnay and Pinot Noir blend. Complex flavors that didn’t come across as a brut sparkling wine to me. #5 on the Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019. — 2 months ago
Sicilian wine evening, wine #5
Quite rich & fruitforward with plums & prunes + some iodine and balsamico notes. Despite being rich, this wine retains nice freshness and authenticity. On the palate rich & round yet nicely balanced and with good length. Polished, juicy tannins, too. This is a very nice wine. — 3 months ago
Spoto barrel tasting - invited 15 people to their Sacramento winery!!
1) from the tank (not in barrel yet)..2019 Beckstoffer crimson ridge (lake county) cabernet sauvignon..taste like a fortified grape juice!!
2) barrel #1....2018 oakville To Kalon cabernet sauvignon...the base for his private reserve. After 2 years he will blend with merlot, cab franc, etc. New french oak...lots of fruit, touch of oak and sweet tannin.
3) barrel#2..2018 oakville To Kalon cabernet franc. 1st grape he uses to blend with the cabernet sauvignon to enhance the mid pallet.
The remainder will be used for his special bottling at the Napa Valley wine auction this year.
4) barrel #3...2018 Beckstoffer Pedros block malbec (Lake county). Small amount will be used in the Beckstoffer lake county cabernet...rest will be used in a special bottle of malbec...lots of blueberry and plum...awesome Malbec!
5) barrel#4. 2017 Oakville To Kalon private reserve cabernet. To be bottled next June and released in the fall. 34 months in barrel total.
6) barrel#5...2016 Beckstoffer cabernet sauvignon (family reserve)..this one barrel will be aged 44 months for extra structure. Moving to creme brulee on the nose, terrific fruit, elegant and smooth.
7) barrel#6...2016 oakville To Kalon private reserve cabernet (family reserve)...this 1 barrel to be aged 44 months. More acidity and brighter stronger finish than the previous Beckstoffer.
What a fun event!!!!!! — 3 months ago
Moore Brothers 9/18/19 Italian Intro #5. Ruby color cherry tobacco nose with hints of prunes and Sherry. Interesting and complex and shows some age. Very lively supple texture and balance with acids and fruits and long finish. What an elegant and tasty Chianti. Made by Paolo — 5 months ago
This is the gold series #5 White Hawk. Instead of combining White Hawk and Bien Nacido like in the past they decided to make single vineyard bottling of White Hawk and Bien Nacido. It was pretty tight even with some air and more southern Rhône in style than the Bien Nacido. This wine is going to be great with some time. — 3 months ago
Pic #5. 2013 Bonny Doon Vineyards ‘Le Cigare Volant’ Central Coast with a Southern-Rhône style of blend from the Central Coast, California.
Deep ruby if not purple hue with juicy black fruit, creme de cassis, leather, earth mushrooms, and molasses notes. Paired with a bison ribeye, broccolini, scape, Australian black truffle, corn, and epazote. #bonnydoon #southernrhonestyle #grenacheblend — 5 months ago