Oak Ridge Winery

Reserve Ancient Vine Zinfandel

9.1123 ratings
9.01 pro ratings
Lodi, Central Valley, California, USA
Zinfandel
Lamb, Chicken, Turkey, White Rice, Pasta, Potato, Herbs, Mushrooms, Soft Cheese, Chili & Hot Spicy, Tomato-Based, Duck, Exotic Spices, Beans & Peas, Hard Cheese, Pork, Baking Spices, Pungent Cheese, Beef, Onion, Shallot, Garlic
Top Notes For
Bill Mowry

70% in the french oak barrel for 18 months the other 30% in stainless steel.

70% in the french oak barrel for 18 months the other 30% in stainless steel.

1 person found it helpfulAug 24th, 2014
Jeffrey Woo

Deep ruby hue. Aromas and flavors of oak, plum, raspberry jam, and strawberry. Medium body, with medium tannins and medium acidity. A fresh and inviting nose, a velvety palate, and a medium-length finish. Very flavorful and approachable.

Deep ruby hue. Aromas and flavors of oak, plum, raspberry jam, and strawberry. Medium body, with medium tannins and medium acidity. A fresh and inviting nose, a velvety palate, and a medium-length finish. Very flavorful and approachable.

Nov 18th, 2020
Sim Salzman

This is the jam you are looking for!

This is the jam you are looking for!

Apr 20th, 2020
James Shamas

Amazing full bodied zin. Beautiful barrel character. Drink now

Amazing full bodied zin. Beautiful barrel character. Drink now

Feb 3rd, 2019
Joe Gillies

Starting to decline, so drink em if ya got em. Dark fruit with creamy chocolate on the palate.

Starting to decline, so drink em if ya got em. Dark fruit with creamy chocolate on the palate.

Jul 10th, 2018
Gene Vincent

2014 vintage: Lazing on a Saturday afternoon. Orly is living this one...

2014 vintage: Lazing on a Saturday afternoon. Orly is living this one...

Jul 8th, 2018
Kristin the Wine Girl

Aromas of baked raspberry pie and figged black cherry jam. You gotta sit down for this one. Intense jammy full-flavored seduction to the senses! Love.

Aromas of baked raspberry pie and figged black cherry jam. You gotta sit down for this one. Intense jammy full-flavored seduction to the senses! Love.

Mar 31st, 2018
Joe Gillies

Great value at $25. Big dark fruits with creamy chocolate. Pnp and drinking very well right now.

Great value at $25. Big dark fruits with creamy chocolate. Pnp and drinking very well right now.

Mar 22nd, 2018
Wendy Brown Chapkis

Lovely fruity flavor with a nice smooth finish! We shared with another couple and wish we had 2 bottles

Lovely fruity flavor with a nice smooth finish! We shared with another couple and wish we had 2 bottles

Mar 10th, 2018
Teresa Ganczak

Delicious! Wonderful with fruit and cheese...

Delicious! Wonderful with fruit and cheese...

Mar 10th, 2018